Remote Work from Iceland
A BETTER WORK & LIFE BALANCE
EXPERIENCE MORE OF ICELAND WITH A REMOTE WORK VISA
If you have flexibility and independence with your work, now is possible to apply for a long-term visa in Iceland for up to 180 days. Iceland has enrolled in a new program to promote teleworking, and as well increase opportunities for those who need to increase productivity.
Our "Private Assistant Services" will provide you support for your visa application, accommodation, long-term car rentals, school relocation if needed, and tours while in Iceland.
The conditions for the issuance of a long-term visa for remote work are:
• The applicant does not need a visa to travel to Iceland.
• The applicant has not been issued a long-term visa in the last 12 months by Icelandic authorities.
• The purpose of stay is to work remotely from Iceland for a foreign company.
• The applicant does not intend to reside in Iceland for the long term.
• The applicant can show their monthly income is equivalent to 1,000,000 ISK (about USD $7,800), or 1,300,000 ISK (about USD $10,200) if applying for an accompanying spouse, cohabiting partner, and children under the age of 18.
For detailed information please check the webpage from the Icelandic Directorate of Immigration here.
Applicants must be permanently employed by foreign companies and meet additional health insurance requirements during their stay.
Please see Iceland's COVID.is website for the most current regulations regarding entry into Iceland during the COVID-19 pandemic. Restrictions are subject to change!.
For the answers to many of the most common questions, please check the official website from the Government of Iceland here.
If you are interested in teleworking from Iceland, please contact us here.